Your choice of career path requires you to meet specific health and safety standards as outlined by Ontario law. The Ontario government and the organizations offering you a clinical placement have mandated specific medical and non-medical requirements that must be met by you, before you can begin your first clinical or work term placement. These measures are there to protect you, your co-workers and those that you will serve in your work placement.
The Requisite Program is the service approved by Humber College, that will review and validate that you have met these requirements. Our qualified and experienced Registered Nurse will meet with you face-to-face to review your Clinical Pre-placement Health Form and required documents to determine if you have been cleared for your clinical pre-placement.
If you still have not completed your Clinical Pre-placement Health Form, please go to
School of Health Sciences - Field / Clinical Placement page for program health form and additional information.
**Important Notices For All Students**
- Due to the high volume of student bookings, there is a strict No Walk-In policy. This is to ensure that students who have booked their appointments online are seen at their scheduled appointment time.
- Do NOT call to book appointments. Appointments may only be made online at www.humberhealth.ca
- Appointments may be cancelled on-line within 24 hours of their start time. Short notice cancellations must be phoned into ParaMed at 416-348-9185. Failure to provide 24 hours notice will result in a missed appointment fee.
- Once you have seen the ParaMed Requisite Nurse, please allow 48 hours for the data to be entered into the website.
- Dont forget to bring your Immunization Record and/or yellow card with you to your appointment along with all other required documents.
- Clinical Preplacement Staff are not available during the lunch hour (12:00-1:00)
- You are required to bring 2 copies of all documents and certificates; your original and a photocopy to your appointment at ParaMed.
- ParaMed does not accept faxed copies of any documents, with the exception of the seasonal flu shot. If you need to submit new or additional documents, you must schedule a return visit appointment.
How much will this cost?
- This is a reminder to all students that there is a fee for both the appointment and the mask fit test when you come for your appointment at ParaMed
- Visit Pricing: 1st Visit (Annually and/or new semester) $46.95/ Return Visit (due to a deficiency) $22.26.
- Missed Appointment (without 24hr notice) $46.95
- Mask fit Test $38.70
- Photocopies $3.00
- All prices include HST where applicable.
Optional Services: Mask Fit Certification Available
- Students who need Mask Fit Certification can get it done at the same time as their appointments. There is no need to book an extra time slot as this is part of your pre-placement appointment for all students requiring this certification.
How to Book An Appointment?
For all first time users:
Before you can create an account to book an appointment online with the Requisite Nurse, please make sure
that you have completed the following requirements:
- Registered to your course or program with a valid Student ID.
- Completed all requirements on your Clinical Pre-placement Health Form.
Once you have completed all of the above requirements, you may start to create an account (Create Account)
and follow the step-by-step instructions to book an appointment on-line with a Requisite Nurse.
You can log in any time to view the status of your clinical pre-placement.
If you are having problems setting up and account, please contact:
ParaMed IT HelpDesk (Website Account/Support Inquiries)
1-866-289-8784 (Mon-Fri Hrs: 8:00am-5:30pm)
Where Do I Go For My Appointment?
ParaMed Toronto - 480 University Avenue, Suite 704 - Toronto ON - M5G 1V2
Contact your Program Co-ordinator or Program Assistant
For specific health issues contact;
Catherine McKee, Nurse Leader
Tel: 416-675-6622 Ext 5870 Email: Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
ParaMed Clinical Preplacement Health Services
(Mon-Fri Hrs: 9:00am-4:00pm)
ParaMed IT HelpDesk
(Website Account/Support Inquiries)
(Mon-Fri Hrs: 8:00am-5:30pm)
ParaMed Home Health Care has been providing exceptional-quality health care and support services in Canadian homes, hospitals, assisted living centres, long-term care centres, schools
and offices - 24 hours a day, seven days a week since 1974. We currently operate 26 home care centres in communities across Ontario and in Alberta. ParaMed has achieved accreditation status through Accreditation Canada.
For more information on ParaMed, please visit our website @ www.paramed.com